Last updated: [June 1, 2018]
- Your Acceptance By using and/or visiting the Nicholls State University Alumni Federation alumni Website you signify your agreement to:
- Rules for Online Conduct You agree to use the Website in accordance with all applicable laws. Because Nicholls State University Alumni Federation is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, you agree that you will not use the Website for organized partisan political activities or commercial purposes. You further agree that you will use all of the services or information provided on the Website in accordance with the rules of conduct set forth below. This includes interactions with other users by email, web post, postal mail, or phone. Prohibited conduct:
- Posting content that defames or threatens others
- Posting statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive
- Posting content that infringes another’s intellectual property, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets. When quoting copyrighted material, please adhere to the Electronic Frontier Foundation’s Fair Use Guidelines
- Posting material that contains obscene language or images
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation
- Online Communication Services Communication services provided through the Website, such as the directory, online communities, discussion boards, blogs, messaging, social and professional networking, and other services in the future, are a part of the Website designed for communication between Users. Nicholls State University Alumni Federation will not monitor these communications, but reserves the right to take action against any User who defames or harasses another User through any of the services offered through the Website, if it comes to Nicholls State University Alumni Federation’s attention.
- Termination of Service User may terminate this Agreement by cancelling his or her account. To do this the user must contact Nicholls State University Alumni Federation through phone or mail as listed below. Nicholls State University Alumni Federation may terminate your account or access rights to the Website at any time, without notice, for conduct that Nicholls State University Alumni Federation believes violates this Agreement or other policies or guidelines that Nicholls State University Alumni Federation has posted. Nicholls State University Alumni Federation may terminate your account or your access rights to the Website for online conduct that Nicholls State University Alumni Federation believes is harmful to other Users, to Nicholls State University Alumni Federation’s business, or to other information providers.
- Trademarks The logo, name and all graphics on the Website or its affiliates are trademarks of Nicholls State University Alumni Federation or its affiliates. You must not use, reproduce, copy, or redistribute such marks without the prior written permission of Nicholls State University Alumni Federation or its affiliates. All other trademarks or service marks appearing on the Website are the marks of their respective owners.
- Copyright License & Complaints Owners of posted materials grants Nicholls State University Alumni Federation a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to reproduce and distribute any content posted on the Website. Nicholls State University Alumni Federation respects the intellectual property rights of others and complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). If you believe your copyright has been violated on the Website, please provide the following information:
- The name, address, and physical or electronic signature of the complaining party
- Identification of the infringing materials and their Internet location, or if the service provider is an “information location tool” such as a search engine, the reference or link to the infringing materials
- Sufficient information to identify the copyrighted works
- A statement by the copyright holder of a good faith belief that there is no legal basis for the use complained of
- A statement of the accuracy of the notice and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on the behalf of the copyright holder